Effective Use of Essential Oils In Reducing Stretch Marks
Preventing stretch marks are a lot easier than eliminating them. Although there are heaps of creams and oils on the market that can, with continuous use, help reduce the appearance of stretch marks, such as Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy and Bio-Oil, we would also recommend the use of essential oil blends to both help prevent and reduce stretch marks.
Here’s our Stretch Mark Oil recipe you can make easily at home.
What you need
1 ounce cocoa butter, melted
½ ounce flaxseed oil
¼ ounce wheat germ oil
¼ ounce rose hip seed oil
5 drops juniper oil
10 drops lavender oil
8 drops neroli
4 drops vetiver oil
1. Blend the melted cocoa butter, flaxseed oil, rosehip oil and wheatgerm oil.
2. Transfer the mixture to a small clean jar.
3. As it begins to solidify, add in the essential oils, one type at a time.
4. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature before applying.
5. Massage into skin once or twice daily.