I always say a girl with high heels and the perfect red lipstick can rule the world!!
I truly love this season, the lights the hot chocolate and the red lipstick ( if you are like me red hair nails and everything else too). I honestly believe no girls makeup kit is complete without a killer red lipstick. I know red can be intimidating because the shades go from dark to bright and and liquids and creams and everything in between. I have chosen for you a 5 lipsticks that I love for this season.
- Kylie Cosmetics lip kit in 22: now this is an orangey red but I really love it for a more casual look its also a great red that can go from day to night and with it being a liquid matte it really stays put all day. If red intimidate you this may be a perfect step that wont be too overwhelming. $29 USD at Kylie Cosmetics
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Luminous Modern-Matte Long Lasting Lipstick in Red Carpet Red . This is such an amazing colour this lipstick is that iconic red that really makes a statement and screams sexy. This colour has such a luxurious feel to it and the packaging is this beautiful rose gold which looks as good in your purse as on your lips. this lipstick will definitely keep you ready for the red carpet or Holiday selfies . Red Carpet Red is $38 at CharlotteTilbury.com
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Lustre Luxe Colour-Lasting Lip Lacquer in Red Vixen . This is the only gloss I have included in this list because I don’t generally like glosses due to the fact they wear off quickly but this gloss I am in love with and it stayed significantly longer then I expected but I do recommend lining your lips if you are going to wear this along due the the fact glosses can run. The name of this colour Red vixen says it all , Charlotte Tilbury’s reds I really find gorgeous and they have that sexy holiday feeling that is everything I love about red. Red Vixen Is $28 At Charlottetilbury.com
- Mary Kay Gel Semi Matte Lipstick in Midnight Red. I wore this lipstick to a hockey game recently and I really like it. This is a deeper red so its is again a great choice for someone who is a little intimidated buy the bold red or for a day to day red that can easily transform into a night look as well. this lipstick really did last on my lips for a long time to my surprise and I found that my lips felt very hydrated and not dry.Midnight Red is $21 at Marykay.ca
- Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo. This is a great lipstick in general but also great on a budget. I love the soft matte lip creams (I have a lot) because they are great to wear and they don’t dry you out. I have been wearing this dark cranberry shade for over a year now and I still love it. This is a beautiful cherry red shade and its only Monte Carlo is $9 at Nyxcosmetics.ca
Tis the season to rock the red and make a statement whether you are seeing family or at a holiday party. Put down those frumpy sweaters because the winter can be sexy too.